Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Back to School Wish List

With school just around the corner for us city kids, we thought it would be a fun idea to compile a list of clothes, shoes, etc. that are staples for going back to school. Obviously since it is a wish list, most of the items we list are more on the pricey side, meaning these items are definitely investment pieces, but still worth it in the long run.

Francesca's Back to School Wish  List:


I have been wanting a quality leather jacket for years now and none seem to fit my petite body right, leaving me still on the hunt for one a bit more affordable then the oh so chic All Saints jacket. Leather jackets are a must for back to school because the give an edge to such a simple outfit. You could wear a baggy shirt and black leggings like you would to run errands in but throw on a leather jacket and it gives an instant grunge look.

These Alexander Wang booties are the epitome of style, not only do they incorporate the new take on a heel but they are at the same time such a classic. When going back to school you need a pair of heeled booties that not only go with a combination of outfits but that give that extra height to boost your overall confidence. 

Although fall is still a month a way, it is creeping on us slowly and with that a quality vest is a must. This J. Crew vest isn't your average black puffer vest, it has that woven detail that can complete an outfit in a second. And since it is a vest you can keep it on during those days your school decides to blast the air conditioning and not be bother by constricting sleeves from a puffer coat.

Even though these jeans are on my wish list, I am probably going to splurge a bit and purchase these knee ripped jeans.  These jeans are right on trend, everyone has a pair or will have a pair of these fabulous jeans. Being an owner of Topshop Jamie jeans, I can say that they are super comfortable and worth the seventy-five bucks; the jeans I own have lasted over 3 years without rips or drastic wear. Topshop jeans are a perfect back to school must-have.

Obviously when going back to school you need to carry a backpack and with this Zac Posen backpack you can go back in style. I personally love the gold on black look and this bag embodies both while incorporating a smart design with it being just the right size to carry a few notebooks, to leave the rest in your locker.

A gold watch is everything for me when going back to school. I'm one who always needs to know what time it is and how much time I have left, especially in school. Sometimes I'm not always sitting in the best spot to constantly be looking at the clock, so with a watch I can casual glance down without a fuss. And of course you can't wear just any watch to school, it has to be one that can be paired with various outfits and of course has to be chic. Luckily, Marc Jacobs recently came out with his new line of watches which are sleek, simple and modern, which are the best qualities I find in a watch.

T-shirts, T-shirts, T-shirts. We all have those lazy days at school where we want to dress for comfort but still look put together. With this Vince tee you get both. Vince shirts are exceptionally soft and feel like your wearing pajamas, but with the cuffed sleeves it gives and outfit more character. 

Going back in to school, you probably have a tan from either going to camp over the summer or tanning out the beach, and you probably want your tan to last as long as possible and to do that I utilize my cult beauty product, bronzer. With bronzer you need a quality brush accomplish that natural goddess look and Marc Jacobs the bronze brush is perfect, with its soft bristles it is said to feel like you're brushing clouds on your cheeks.

After interning at a major online retail website, we got to go through a lot of designer product that I'd die for. One day when organizing I came across a pair of these Prada sunglasses that fit my face perfectly incorporating the tortoise and cat eye trend.


As I mentioned before, booties are a must for back to school, especially ones with cut outs. Though they are not so practical for the winter without socks on, you can definitely wear a pair of black socks to then blend the boot together and transition them from fall to winter. These Jeffrey Campbell booties are definitely on my back to school shopping list even though the price tag is up there, they aren't as pricey as the Alexander Wang ones mentioned before.  



Deena's Back to School Wish List:


There is nothing better then a black and white stripped long sleeve for the fall. Stripped shirts are an essential for myself because I love the simplicity that it gives off. Wearing a long sleeve is a great way to beat the cold without having to wear a jacket, especially during transition from summer to fall.

I have wanted a structured coat forever. I love this white one with pockets from Zara because it is a great piece when transitioning from the warmer months to the colder months because the color is still light but it will still keep you warm as the weather changes. Plus, I think a white coat adds a chic twist to any outfit. 

This gold watch from Kate Spade would be a great addition to my accessories. Watches are a great way to add a little something to an outfit, plus they are useful. Instead of checking your phone during class, you can easily look down at your watch to know the time and how much longer you will have to be sitting in a class. I especially love this watch because it's simple and not huge in size.

Sweaters are an absolute must have during the fall. Whether it's baggy or tight, sweaters are the best choice because they keep you cozy and warm while the whether gets cold. When looking for the a sweater, I prefer to choose ones that I can either wear alone or ones that I can throw over a shirt. Either way, sweaters are a staple in my wardrobe and this La'T by L'Agence Speckled Sweater seems extremely comfortable and perfect for school. 

5. Paige Denim Jeans | $239.00
Everyone has a pair of black skinny jeans. They are so easy to pair shirts or shoes with because everything goes with black! These black ripped jeans are great because the rips add an edge to any outfit that could work with any sweater, but can still be paired with a nice blouse.

This metal band bracelet is a great addition to an outfit. I specifically chose this bracelet to match the Kate Spade watch (#3) I chose because they are both gold and would pair well together. 

I have been wanting these sunglasses since May of 2014. I love the tortoiseshell look as well as the shape of the sunnies because of their big frames. Even though summer is fading away and school is starting, you can always use a good pair sunglasses. Those rays still shine through those clouds even during the winter!

This Prada wallet would be an awesome have during the school year. This could fit all of my id's, money and other cards that I would need during the year. I like this wallet because of it's sleek, simple black color and the fact that the brand name isn't obnoxiously big is a plus too.

9. BCBG Beckett Miniskirt | $118.00
Even though summer is almost gone, I still love to wear skirts, especially to school. This skirt is not too fancy and could be played down with a slouchy sweater. The fold of the skirt is chic and would look great a pair of black booties for the school year- specifically the Marc by Marc Jacob booties I chose (#11).

While this backpack might not fit all of my binders, it is a great on the go bag for during the year. I could definitely fit a few folders in here, which is all I tend to carry concerning papers. I usually leave my binders at school so I could see myself using this bag during the year. Plus, even if I didn't necessarily use it for school, I could use for day trips or sleepovers on the weekends. 

Booties are a necessity during the school year- especially in the fall. They pair great with jeans, skirts and dresses. Black ones are very versatile because you can pair them with almost every look. I appreciate the buckles on the boots because they add a bit of pop to a the plain black. I would love to be able to add theses boots to my shoe collection. 





No comments:

Post a Comment