Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Few Boxing Day Finds

For all who celebrated Christmas, hope you all had an amazing day with your families and for those who celebrate Kwanza, Happy Kwanza!! As some of you know the day after Christmas is boxing day, which I only found out about just last year noting that it's a more prevalent holiday in UK. Lush in particular always has boxing day sales on all their holiday products and gift sets - buy one get one free! Disregarding the title of boxing day, a variety of stores were having sales yesterday through the end of December; to name a few, Uniqlo was having 50% off select styles, Stuart Weitzman is having 50% off select shoes, Macy's was having a huge one day sale, Aritzia is having up to 50% off fall/winter merchandise, Urban Outfitters was having 50% off all sale items,  Topshop is having up to 50% off select styles, and many many more. Long story short, after Christmas sales are amazing. 

Dream Steam Tablets, Candy Mountain Bubble Bar, and the Wizard Bubble Bar

Usually my local Lush isn't as busy, but on boxing day it was packed! Last year, I picked up two gift sets filled with bath bombs and bubble bars, but this year they didn't have many containing strictly bath bombs or bubble bars, they were all had one bath bomb and a bunch of soaps or shower gels, which I didn't particularly want. Luckily all their holiday products were also on buy one get one free, so I picked up the Candy Mountain bubble bar, which smells of vanilla and a hint of candy, giving it a very sweet scent. I also picked up the Wizard bubble bar, which smells like the signature Lush scent, very florally and sweet. Lastly, I stumbled upon these Dream Steam Tablets, where at first I thought they were for your shower and making the steam in your shower a certain way, but no you're supposed to drop them in a bowl of hot water and use the steam to leave your skin refreshed and unclog your pores, either way I'm excited to use them! 

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3, Beauty Blender, Living Proof 5-in-1 Styling Treatment, Bobbi Brown BB Cream, Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment, and Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

On my way to the Lush Boxing Day sale, I stopped by Sephora to pick up a few winter essentials. I love how every time I go in to Sephora to pick up a couple things, I always come out with so much more.  After running out of toner and moisturizer, I decided to go get some more. I use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion toner for combination and oily skin, I have no idea if that is what type of skin I have, but it seems to work for me and thats all that matters, right? For the winter time I like to use the Yu-Be moisturizer at night because it is so thick and helps cure my awful wintery dry skin. I also picked up a new Beauty Blender, after having one for a whole year it got a bit smelly, even after sanitizing in the microwave and deeply washing it, I thought it was time to throw it out, and get a new one! While on line to check out, I saw a bunch of mini Glamglow mud masks, I had already tried the Supermud version and have gone through two big tubs of it, so I thought i'd try the Thirstymud mask as an overnight replenishing mask, lets hope it lasts me through the winter. Lastly, I got two beauty insider rewards, the Living Proof styling cream and the Bobbi Brown BB cream, I haven't tried either before, nor I have I tried products from either brands, so maybe they'll be my next holy grail product, who knows?? 


Hope you all have a great rest of weekend! And a great end to the year!!

xx
Francesca 

No comments:

Post a Comment